Hulk vows to fight for place in Brazilian national team
Rio de Janeiro: Zenit St. Petersburg and Brazil striker Hulk has vowed not to give up his place in the national side`s starting line-up without resistance.
Currently on vacation and speaking from his home in Joao Pessoa, the attacker said he hoped the change in command at the helm of the Brazilian side would not affect his role in the team. Last month Luiz Felipe Scolari replaced Mano Menexes as head coach, reports Xinhua.
"I hope to continue playing for the Selecao and to show Felipao (Scolari) that I can be an important player for the Brazilian team," he said.
Hulk divulged that he has not yet had a chance to speak with Scolari in his new role as Brazil coach, but has met him previously and enjoys an excellent relationship with the former Palmeiras and Chelsea manager.
"I have spoken many times with Scolari in the past and he has always treated me very well. Many of my friends have worked with him and they speak very highly of his character," he added.
Hulk`s ambition for 2013 is to be an integral part of the Brazilian squad for the FIFA Confederations Cup to give himself an excellent chance of being involved in the country`s World Cup bid the following year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Tiger Shroff and Disha Patani's latest video is CUTE! Watch here
- Lenovo K4 Note gets a price cut; available at Rs 10,999
- RSS trying to ''appease'' Muslims: Shiv Sena
- WATCH HIGHLIGHTS: Minnows Iceland dump mighty England out of Euro 2016
- Tusshar Kapoor’s decision to embrace fatherhood will inspire you – Details inside