I could end my carrer in Argentina: Messi
Barcelona: Barcelona`s Lionel Messi has said he could end his career back in his native Argentina.
Messi recently signed a new deal with the Liga side until 2018, by which time he will be 31, and revealed that while Barcelona will be the only European club he will play for, he could return to his homeland to finish his career.
“I have said it before, in Europe I’d like to end my career at Barca," he told the FCBarcelona.com.
"I wouldn’t consider moving to another European club. With that said, I’m not ruling out the possibility of ending my playing career in Argentina."
But Messi also said that he was delighted with his new deal, adding: “I’m very happy at Barcelona, I’ve always said that.
"It’s a fantastic day."
Messi also spoke about the upcoming match against Getafe, which is scheduled to kick off at 12:00CET on Sunday, February 10.
“I don’t think it will by any different to play at 12.00," he said. "We’ve all done it when we were with the youth teams. Besides, we all train at noon - we’re used to it.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details