I could end my carrer in Argentina: Messi
Barcelona: Barcelona`s Lionel Messi has said he could end his career back in his native Argentina.
Messi recently signed a new deal with the Liga side until 2018, by which time he will be 31, and revealed that while Barcelona will be the only European club he will play for, he could return to his homeland to finish his career.
“I have said it before, in Europe I’d like to end my career at Barca," he told the FCBarcelona.com.
"I wouldn’t consider moving to another European club. With that said, I’m not ruling out the possibility of ending my playing career in Argentina."
But Messi also said that he was delighted with his new deal, adding: “I’m very happy at Barcelona, I’ve always said that.
"It’s a fantastic day."
Messi also spoke about the upcoming match against Getafe, which is scheduled to kick off at 12:00CET on Sunday, February 10.
“I don’t think it will by any different to play at 12.00," he said. "We’ve all done it when we were with the youth teams. Besides, we all train at noon - we’re used to it.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand