I have nothing to prove: Ozil
Madrid: Real Madrid playmaker Mesut Ozil feels he has nothing to prove in the wake of recent criticism in the Spanish papers.
The Germany international impressed against Barcelona on Sunday after a number of relatively disappointing outings earlier this season, but Ozil has insisted that his performance against the Catalans had nothing to do with the negative words in the press.
"I don`t need criticism to improve my performances. I don`t play football to try and prove someone wrong. I have nothing to prove. I play football because I like doing so," Ozil stated to Bild.
"The criticism was undeserved. I have to get used to it, though. The choice of words from Spanish journalists tends to be a bit harsh."
The Germany international also briefly discussed the alleged interest of Manchester United, and stressed he has no interest in leaving Real Madrid.
"I don`t know anything about that [Manchester United`s interest]. There is absolutely no reason for me to leave Real Madrid."
Ozil has a contract with Madrid until June 2016.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?