I-League fixtures to be re-worked upon
Goa: The All India Football Federation (AIFF) had released a tentative schedule for the 2013-14 season’s I-League last week. However as many as five clubs have voiced their annoyance over the same and have called for the fixtures to be re-arranged.
From November 28, 2013 to January 12, 2014, there are eleven rounds of matches in the I-League.
“The schedule is very hard for the teams. Think about the players as they would have no recovery time with the cramped schedule. Also there is one round of Federation Cup in December which makes it 12 matches in six weeks. This isn’t in the best interest of the clubs,” a club official told GOAL on the condition of anonymity.
Meanwhile the AIFF aren’t left with much choice with the I-League already expected to stretch into June when the AFC Cup fixtures are announced. It must be noted that the I-League will be on standby from mid-January until the first week of April next year to accommodate the new league mooted by AIFF’s marketing and commercial partners, IMG-Reliance.
“Already we are going to the end of May in the current fixture list. Once the AFC Cup dates come, there will be a further delay which means the fixtures could go into June,” informed Sunando Dhar, the CEO of the I-League.
The AIFF are expected to call for a meeting with the club officials in a week’s time to discuss the schedule of the I-League.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark