I want to play under Guardiola: Neymar
Sao Paulo: Brazilian football star Neymar expressed his desire to one day play under recently appointed Bayern Munich coach Pep Guardiola.
Neymar has been heavily linked to Guardiola`s former club Barcelona but the 20-year-old reiterated his desire to remain at Brazil`s Santos until his contract expires after the 2014 World Cup, reports Xinhua.
"He (Guardiola) is a great coach, one of the best in the world. Yes, I have an ambition to work with him but also with other great coaches," Neymar said during an event in Praia Grande, near Sao Paulo, Friday. "But I am going to repeat that I want to continue with Santos. I am happy here."
Bayern Munich announced Wednesday that Guardiola would take over from Jupp Heynckes as the club`s new coach when the 67-year-old`s contract expires this summer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says