I want to play under Guardiola: Neymar
Sao Paulo: Brazilian football star Neymar expressed his desire to one day play under recently appointed Bayern Munich coach Pep Guardiola.
Neymar has been heavily linked to Guardiola`s former club Barcelona but the 20-year-old reiterated his desire to remain at Brazil`s Santos until his contract expires after the 2014 World Cup, reports Xinhua.
"He (Guardiola) is a great coach, one of the best in the world. Yes, I have an ambition to work with him but also with other great coaches," Neymar said during an event in Praia Grande, near Sao Paulo, Friday. "But I am going to repeat that I want to continue with Santos. I am happy here."
Bayern Munich announced Wednesday that Guardiola would take over from Jupp Heynckes as the club`s new coach when the 67-year-old`s contract expires this summer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'