India equals worst ever in FIFA rankings
New Delhi: India equalled its worst ever FIFA rankings with the country slipping seven slots down in the latest chart to be placed at 165th.
India had a disastrous AFC Challenge Cup campaign last month in Nepal where they lost all their league matches and that saw the country lose 10 points from previous month`s 132 points.
The earlier all-time low after India appeared in the FIFA charts in August 1993 was the 165th from March to May 2007 when Englishman Bob Houghton was the coach.
India`s best ever rankings in FIFA charts – which currently has 204 members -- was the 94th in February 1996.
India now occupy 32nd spot among 46 Asian countries. It`s now below Nepal (149th), Bangladesh (152nd) and Maldives (164th) among South Asian countries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- FSSAI testing more Maggi; brand ambassadors can be liable: Govt
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi