India equals worst ever in FIFA rankings
New Delhi: India equalled its worst ever FIFA rankings with the country slipping seven slots down in the latest chart to be placed at 165th.
India had a disastrous AFC Challenge Cup campaign last month in Nepal where they lost all their league matches and that saw the country lose 10 points from previous month`s 132 points.
The earlier all-time low after India appeared in the FIFA charts in August 1993 was the 165th from March to May 2007 when Englishman Bob Houghton was the coach.
India`s best ever rankings in FIFA charts – which currently has 204 members -- was the 94th in February 1996.
India now occupy 32nd spot among 46 Asian countries. It`s now below Nepal (149th), Bangladesh (152nd) and Maldives (164th) among South Asian countries.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference