India equals worst ever in FIFA rankings
New Delhi: India equalled its worst ever FIFA rankings with the country slipping seven slots down in the latest chart to be placed at 165th.
India had a disastrous AFC Challenge Cup campaign last month in Nepal where they lost all their league matches and that saw the country lose 10 points from previous month`s 132 points.
The earlier all-time low after India appeared in the FIFA charts in August 1993 was the 165th from March to May 2007 when Englishman Bob Houghton was the coach.
India`s best ever rankings in FIFA charts – which currently has 204 members -- was the 94th in February 1996.
India now occupy 32nd spot among 46 Asian countries. It`s now below Nepal (149th), Bangladesh (152nd) and Maldives (164th) among South Asian countries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 4 pm
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam