India lose to Oman 1-5 in football
Muscat: India went down 1-5 to higher-ranked Oman in a football friendly at the Sultan Qaboos Sports Complex Stadium on Thursday.
Joaquim Abranches scored the solitary goal for India in the 64th minute. For the hosts, Ismail al Ajami scored a brace while Mohamad al Gasani, Hasan Rabea and Abdullah Thuwaini scored one apiece.
The match was part of India`s preparation for the forthcoming AFC Challenge Cup.
India could have scored more goals.
The Indian start was not good. Two defensive lapses within two minutes saw India concede two goals within the first seven minutes.
First, Gourmangi Singh couldn`t leap enough to prevent Gasani form heading in. Then the back four left a yawning gap in the inner box for Alajmi to tap in from close.
Those lapses set the tone for the match, and the Indians never recovered. India conceded the last two goals inside three minutes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- DNA: Heroes of surgical strike receives gallantry award
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested