India lose to Oman 1-5 in football
Muscat: India went down 1-5 to higher-ranked Oman in a football friendly at the Sultan Qaboos Sports Complex Stadium on Thursday.
Joaquim Abranches scored the solitary goal for India in the 64th minute. For the hosts, Ismail al Ajami scored a brace while Mohamad al Gasani, Hasan Rabea and Abdullah Thuwaini scored one apiece.
The match was part of India`s preparation for the forthcoming AFC Challenge Cup.
India could have scored more goals.
The Indian start was not good. Two defensive lapses within two minutes saw India concede two goals within the first seven minutes.
First, Gourmangi Singh couldn`t leap enough to prevent Gasani form heading in. Then the back four left a yawning gap in the inner box for Alajmi to tap in from close.
Those lapses set the tone for the match, and the Indians never recovered. India conceded the last two goals inside three minutes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- First phase of NEET examination today as Supreme Court says allow exam to be held
- Andhra Pradesh to become first 'Open Defecation Free' state
- SC, ST promotions: Shivraj Singh-led government to move Supreme Court
- Bombed Brussels airport departure hall to reopen today
- Bachchans, SRK, Salman attend Bipasha-Karan Singh Grover’s wedding reception