Injured Rossi out of Euro 2012
Rome: Giuseppe Rossi`s hopes to be fit in time for Euro 2012 football tournament were dashed as the Villarreal man again injured his right knee.
The Italian international, who had established himself as a key member of Cesare Prandelli`s team during qualifying for next summer`s tournament, was on course to make a return to the field in the next few weeks.
Rossi was in the final stages of recovery from a torn anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee, suffered in October, having recently returned to training.
However, a statement released in Villarreal`s website Friday said that he has re-injured the joint, again tearing the same ligament.
The 25-year-old, who was heavily linked with a transfer this summer, will now likely face surgery again and is set to miss another six months of action.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef