Injured Rossi out of Euro 2012
Rome: Giuseppe Rossi`s hopes to be fit in time for Euro 2012 football tournament were dashed as the Villarreal man again injured his right knee.
The Italian international, who had established himself as a key member of Cesare Prandelli`s team during qualifying for next summer`s tournament, was on course to make a return to the field in the next few weeks.
Rossi was in the final stages of recovery from a torn anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee, suffered in October, having recently returned to training.
However, a statement released in Villarreal`s website Friday said that he has re-injured the joint, again tearing the same ligament.
The 25-year-old, who was heavily linked with a transfer this summer, will now likely face surgery again and is set to miss another six months of action.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city