Injured Rossi out of Euro 2012
Rome: Giuseppe Rossi`s hopes to be fit in time for Euro 2012 football tournament were dashed as the Villarreal man again injured his right knee.
The Italian international, who had established himself as a key member of Cesare Prandelli`s team during qualifying for next summer`s tournament, was on course to make a return to the field in the next few weeks.
Rossi was in the final stages of recovery from a torn anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee, suffered in October, having recently returned to training.
However, a statement released in Villarreal`s website Friday said that he has re-injured the joint, again tearing the same ligament.
The 25-year-old, who was heavily linked with a transfer this summer, will now likely face surgery again and is set to miss another six months of action.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured