Inter Milan and AC Milan back to winning ways
Rome: The two Milan teams finally won their first matches of the season in Serie A.
Inter Milan ended its five-match winless streak in all competitions, winning 3-1 at Bologna in the team`s first match after coach Gian Piero Gasperini was fired and replaced by Claudio Ranieri.
Giampaolo Pazzini scored in the 39th for Inter, but Alessandro Diamanti`s penalty kick tied the score in the 66th. Diego Milito converted a penalty kick in the 81st, after Archimede Morleo was ejected for fouling him inside the area, to put Inter back ahead in the 81st, and Lucio added a goal six minutes later.
Injury-plagued AC Milan edged visiting Cesena 1-0 on a fifth-minute goal by Clarence Seedorf.
Genoa, Juventus, Udinese (all 2-0-1) and Napoli (2-0-2) have seven points each following Napoli`s 0-0 tie against visiting Fiorentina. Defending champion AC Milan (1-1-2) has five points, one more than Inter (1-2-1).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral