Inter Milan and AC Milan back to winning ways
Rome: The two Milan teams finally won their first matches of the season in Serie A.
Inter Milan ended its five-match winless streak in all competitions, winning 3-1 at Bologna in the team`s first match after coach Gian Piero Gasperini was fired and replaced by Claudio Ranieri.
Giampaolo Pazzini scored in the 39th for Inter, but Alessandro Diamanti`s penalty kick tied the score in the 66th. Diego Milito converted a penalty kick in the 81st, after Archimede Morleo was ejected for fouling him inside the area, to put Inter back ahead in the 81st, and Lucio added a goal six minutes later.
Injury-plagued AC Milan edged visiting Cesena 1-0 on a fifth-minute goal by Clarence Seedorf.
Genoa, Juventus, Udinese (all 2-0-1) and Napoli (2-0-2) have seven points each following Napoli`s 0-0 tie against visiting Fiorentina. Defending champion AC Milan (1-1-2) has five points, one more than Inter (1-2-1).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued