Inter Milan and AC Milan back to winning ways
Rome: The two Milan teams finally won their first matches of the season in Serie A.
Inter Milan ended its five-match winless streak in all competitions, winning 3-1 at Bologna in the team`s first match after coach Gian Piero Gasperini was fired and replaced by Claudio Ranieri.
Giampaolo Pazzini scored in the 39th for Inter, but Alessandro Diamanti`s penalty kick tied the score in the 66th. Diego Milito converted a penalty kick in the 81st, after Archimede Morleo was ejected for fouling him inside the area, to put Inter back ahead in the 81st, and Lucio added a goal six minutes later.
Injury-plagued AC Milan edged visiting Cesena 1-0 on a fifth-minute goal by Clarence Seedorf.
Genoa, Juventus, Udinese (all 2-0-1) and Napoli (2-0-2) have seven points each following Napoli`s 0-0 tie against visiting Fiorentina. Defending champion AC Milan (1-1-2) has five points, one more than Inter (1-2-1).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"