Inter Milan and AC Milan back to winning ways
Rome: The two Milan teams finally won their first matches of the season in Serie A.
Inter Milan ended its five-match winless streak in all competitions, winning 3-1 at Bologna in the team`s first match after coach Gian Piero Gasperini was fired and replaced by Claudio Ranieri.
Giampaolo Pazzini scored in the 39th for Inter, but Alessandro Diamanti`s penalty kick tied the score in the 66th. Diego Milito converted a penalty kick in the 81st, after Archimede Morleo was ejected for fouling him inside the area, to put Inter back ahead in the 81st, and Lucio added a goal six minutes later.
Injury-plagued AC Milan edged visiting Cesena 1-0 on a fifth-minute goal by Clarence Seedorf.
Genoa, Juventus, Udinese (all 2-0-1) and Napoli (2-0-2) have seven points each following Napoli`s 0-0 tie against visiting Fiorentina. Defending champion AC Milan (1-1-2) has five points, one more than Inter (1-2-1).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city