Italy, Germany confirm World Cup bases
Rio de Janeiro: The Italian football federation has chosen the Portobello Resort near Rio de Janeiro as the Azzurri`s 2014 World Cup base.
Located in the town of Mangaratiba, 120 km west of Rio, the venue was featured on a list of FIFA-approved training bases earlier this year, reported Xinhua.
It comprises hospitality, a football pitch and a press centre.
The Azzurri, who announced the decision on the Italian federation`s official website Friday, will arrive in Rio June 5.
Their first match is against England June 14 in the Amazonian city of Manaus. It will be followed by clashes against Costa Rica in Recife June 20 and Uruguay in the northeastern city of Natal June 24.
Meanwhile, the German football federation has announced it will build its own football base near Porto Seguro in the northeastern state of Bahia.
Dubbed Campo Bahia, the precinct will include 14 double-storey apartments for the squad`s players and officials.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror