Italy, Germany confirm World Cup bases
Rio de Janeiro: The Italian football federation has chosen the Portobello Resort near Rio de Janeiro as the Azzurri`s 2014 World Cup base.
Located in the town of Mangaratiba, 120 km west of Rio, the venue was featured on a list of FIFA-approved training bases earlier this year, reported Xinhua.
It comprises hospitality, a football pitch and a press centre.
The Azzurri, who announced the decision on the Italian federation`s official website Friday, will arrive in Rio June 5.
Their first match is against England June 14 in the Amazonian city of Manaus. It will be followed by clashes against Costa Rica in Recife June 20 and Uruguay in the northeastern city of Natal June 24.
Meanwhile, the German football federation has announced it will build its own football base near Porto Seguro in the northeastern state of Bahia.
Dubbed Campo Bahia, the precinct will include 14 double-storey apartments for the squad`s players and officials.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city