Italy`s Mario Balotelli doubtful for Armenia tie
Naples (Italy): Italy striker Mario Balotelli is unsure about facing Armenia in their final World Cup qualifier here Tuesday as he is suffering from a stomach upset.
He stayed at the hotel Friday night when Italy drew 2-2 with Denmark and when Italy resumed training Saturday, he managed only some jogging, raising an obscure prospect for him to play Tuesday.
"It`s impossible right now to say what his chances are of playing on Tuesday. It is encouraging that he returned to training after five days out. But he is debilitated by gastroenteritis. We will evaluate his condition day by day," said Enrico Castellacci, the Italy team doctor.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees