Italy`s Mario Balotelli doubtful for Armenia tie
Naples (Italy): Italy striker Mario Balotelli is unsure about facing Armenia in their final World Cup qualifier here Tuesday as he is suffering from a stomach upset.
He stayed at the hotel Friday night when Italy drew 2-2 with Denmark and when Italy resumed training Saturday, he managed only some jogging, raising an obscure prospect for him to play Tuesday.
"It`s impossible right now to say what his chances are of playing on Tuesday. It is encouraging that he returned to training after five days out. But he is debilitated by gastroenteritis. We will evaluate his condition day by day," said Enrico Castellacci, the Italy team doctor.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- OROP stalemate to end soon, Govt's draft agreement ready, claim sources
- Roger Federer cleans court by removing bottles, towels left by other players