Japan lift Asian futsal title
Ho Chi Minh City: Goalkeeper Yushi Sekiguchi saved three penalties in the shootout as Japan retained the AFC Futsal Championship title Saturday, Xinhua reported.
Defending champion Japan drew 2-2 with Iran after extra time and the game went into the shootout.
Sekiguchi saved shots from Mohammad Taheri, Ghodrat Bahadori and Asghar Hassanzadeh, while Kazuhiro Nibuya, Tomoki Yoshikawa and Akira Minamoto converted for Japan to seal a 3-0 penalty shootout victory.
Earlier in the day, Uzbekistan beat Kuwait 2-1 to take bronze.
The AFC Futsal Championship was first held in 1999 and has been played annually. This year, the tournament is held in Vietnam`s southern Ho Chi Minh City from April 30 through May 10, attracting 16 countries and regions, divided into four groups.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?