Japan’s Okazaki receives Stuttgart offer: Report
Tokyo: Japan striker Shinji Okazaki has received an offer from struggling Bundesliga side VfB Stuttgart, local media reported on Tuesday.
The 24-year-old striker could move to Germany to help Stuttgart, who are one off the bottom with 12 points in the Bundesliga, the Kyodo news agency said, citing unnamed officials of J-League club Shimizu S-Pulse.
If he accepts the offer, Okazaki, who scored Japan’s third goal in their 3-1 win over Denmark in the group stage of this year’s World Cup, would join compatriots Shinji Kagawa (Borussia Dortmund), Atsuto Uchida (Schalke 04), Makoto Hasebe (Vfl Wolfsburg) and Kisho Yano (SC Freiburg) in the Bundesliga.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!