Japan’s Okazaki receives Stuttgart offer: Report
Tokyo: Japan striker Shinji Okazaki has received an offer from struggling Bundesliga side VfB Stuttgart, local media reported on Tuesday.
The 24-year-old striker could move to Germany to help Stuttgart, who are one off the bottom with 12 points in the Bundesliga, the Kyodo news agency said, citing unnamed officials of J-League club Shimizu S-Pulse.
If he accepts the offer, Okazaki, who scored Japan’s third goal in their 3-1 win over Denmark in the group stage of this year’s World Cup, would join compatriots Shinji Kagawa (Borussia Dortmund), Atsuto Uchida (Schalke 04), Makoto Hasebe (Vfl Wolfsburg) and Kisho Yano (SC Freiburg) in the Bundesliga.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Nuke-armed Pakistan can 'target' Delhi in 5 minutes, claims AQ Khan
- Gorilla shot dead after child falls into enclosure at Cincinnati Zoo!
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature?
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part II
- Tax holiday for start-ups should be raised to 7 years, says Commerce Minister
- Protest in Portugal against private school funding cuts
- Street-shopping kept Alia busy during Gauri Shinde's next
- Abu Dhabi hotel guests to pay new fee on bills - Know what it is
- India to drive world growth for next 10 years: Goh Chok Tong