Japan’s Okazaki receives Stuttgart offer: Report
Tokyo: Japan striker Shinji Okazaki has received an offer from struggling Bundesliga side VfB Stuttgart, local media reported on Tuesday.
The 24-year-old striker could move to Germany to help Stuttgart, who are one off the bottom with 12 points in the Bundesliga, the Kyodo news agency said, citing unnamed officials of J-League club Shimizu S-Pulse.
If he accepts the offer, Okazaki, who scored Japan’s third goal in their 3-1 win over Denmark in the group stage of this year’s World Cup, would join compatriots Shinji Kagawa (Borussia Dortmund), Atsuto Uchida (Schalke 04), Makoto Hasebe (Vfl Wolfsburg) and Kisho Yano (SC Freiburg) in the Bundesliga.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan