Jonathan Woodgate signs for Stoke City
London: Former England defender Jonathan Woodgate joined Stoke City on a free transfer Monday after being released by fellow Premier League side Tottenham Hotspur.
The 31-year-old former Real Madrid player, whose career has been afflicted by injury, has signed a one-year deal with last term`s FA Cup runners-up but has the option of a second season should he prove his fitness.
"The lad is a top-class player and it`s been well documented that he has had his injury troubles, but we believe that if his fitness is managed properly, he will play games for us," Stoke manager Tony Pulis told the club website.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends
- Indian Army makes major changes in recruitment process – Click here to get updated information