Jonathan Woodgate signs for Stoke City
London: Former England defender Jonathan Woodgate joined Stoke City on a free transfer Monday after being released by fellow Premier League side Tottenham Hotspur.
The 31-year-old former Real Madrid player, whose career has been afflicted by injury, has signed a one-year deal with last term`s FA Cup runners-up but has the option of a second season should he prove his fitness.
"The lad is a top-class player and it`s been well documented that he has had his injury troubles, but we believe that if his fitness is managed properly, he will play games for us," Stoke manager Tony Pulis told the club website.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump