Jose Mourinho fumes after Granada defeat
Madrid: Real Madrid coach Jose Mourinho admitted feeling angry at his side`s dismal performance in their 0-1 loss to Granada in the Spanish Primera Liga football.
Facing a side struggling against relegation, Madrid produced their worst display of the season, if not for several seasons to lose 0-1 thanks to a Cristiano Ronaldo own goal.
But rather than Ronaldo`s misfortune, it was the overall display from some of his players in the game, which annoyed Mourinho.
"There are some players who played 90 minutes and worked hard against Barcelona on Wednesday and others who didn`t play and who were in the Directors Box or in the stand," Mourinho said in clear reference to Angel De Maria, Sergio Ramos and Fabio Coentrao, who were all suspended for midweek and didn`t play, but who were in his side Saturday night.
"I know why some players were tired, because they worked hard on Wednesday, but I don`t know why some other players were tired," said Mourinho.
"I am very unhappy at our first half, which was horrible, we dominated and we had chances to draw, but it was not enough to be satisfied with the overall display," said Mourinh.
He highlighted that attitude with the one shown by De Maria, who visibly complained about an injury in the second half.
"If you are losing and a player is injured, he should carry on playing and work for the team as long as the injury is not serious. He can`t stand there watching and waiting for the doctor to come onto the pitch," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price