Jupp Heynckes says Abramovich’s interference proving detrimental for Chelsea
London: Bayern Munich manager Jupp Heynckes has said Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich should stop interfering in a manager’s work, and insisted he would never explain his tactics to the club’s owners like former Blues manager Andre Villas-Boas used to do.
“I would not expect to have to explain my tactics. A manager can never accept someone at the top influencing decisions about the team,” a daily quoted Heynckes, as saying.
“That sort of thing would have to stop. You can have success at one point and even win the European Cup. But to instigate developments and form a team, you need a different philosophy,” he added.
Heynckes is preparing to take on Roberto Di Matteo’s Blues in Saturday’s Champions League final in Munich.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah