Jupp Heynckes says Abramovich’s interference proving detrimental for Chelsea
London: Bayern Munich manager Jupp Heynckes has said Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich should stop interfering in a manager’s work, and insisted he would never explain his tactics to the club’s owners like former Blues manager Andre Villas-Boas used to do.
“I would not expect to have to explain my tactics. A manager can never accept someone at the top influencing decisions about the team,” a daily quoted Heynckes, as saying.
“That sort of thing would have to stop. You can have success at one point and even win the European Cup. But to instigate developments and form a team, you need a different philosophy,” he added.
Heynckes is preparing to take on Roberto Di Matteo’s Blues in Saturday’s Champions League final in Munich.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert