Kerala to bid for World Cup Football U-17
Thiruvananthapuram: Kerala Cabinet on Wednesday decided to extend support to the efforts of Kerala Football Association (KFA) in its bid for hosting the 2017 World Cup Football Tournament for under-17 in the state.
Talking to reporters after the cabinet meeting here, Chief Minister Oommen Chandy said India has been chosen as the venue for the tournament and KFA has decided to bid to hold the championship in the state.
Government asked the KFA and Greater Cochin Development Authority to take necessary steps in this regard and also make arrangements for the conduct of the tournament, Chandy said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: Panel discussion on students turning traitors at JNU - Part IV
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?