Kerala to bid for World Cup Football U-17
Thiruvananthapuram: Kerala Cabinet on Wednesday decided to extend support to the efforts of Kerala Football Association (KFA) in its bid for hosting the 2017 World Cup Football Tournament for under-17 in the state.
Talking to reporters after the cabinet meeting here, Chief Minister Oommen Chandy said India has been chosen as the venue for the tournament and KFA has decided to bid to hold the championship in the state.
Government asked the KFA and Greater Cochin Development Authority to take necessary steps in this regard and also make arrangements for the conduct of the tournament, Chandy said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living