Khan Memorial football tournament starts Tuesday
New Delhi: The third A.R. Khan Memorial Inter School Football Tournament will kick off at 8.30 a.m. on Tuesday at the Ambedkar Stadium.
The inaugural match will be played between Dr. Zakir Husain Memorial Sr. Sec. School, Jafarabad, and Modern School, Vasant Vihar.
Treasurer of Delhi Soccer Association (DSA) Hemchand will be the chief guest of the opening ceremony. There are 20 schools participating in the tournament and the tournament will be played on a knock-out basis.
Late A.R. Khan was a renowned philanthropist who fought against illiteracy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre