Khan Memorial football tournament starts Tuesday
New Delhi: The third A.R. Khan Memorial Inter School Football Tournament will kick off at 8.30 a.m. on Tuesday at the Ambedkar Stadium.
The inaugural match will be played between Dr. Zakir Husain Memorial Sr. Sec. School, Jafarabad, and Modern School, Vasant Vihar.
Treasurer of Delhi Soccer Association (DSA) Hemchand will be the chief guest of the opening ceremony. There are 20 schools participating in the tournament and the tournament will be played on a knock-out basis.
Late A.R. Khan was a renowned philanthropist who fought against illiteracy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth