LA Galaxy ready to prise Lampard off Chelsea for team up with Becks
London: American soccer club Los Angeles Galaxy are ready to make a fresh move to prise Frank Lampard away from Chelsea and make him a team-mate of David Beckham’s team-mate in Major League Soccer in the United States.
The club are hoping to put together an offer that can make it worth Lampard’s move to the USA, even though the midfield player has one year left on a 130,000 pound-a-week Chelsea contract and is due for a substantial loyalty bonus if he completes the final year of his deal.
According to the newspaper, leaving Chelsea would clearly be a wrench for Lampard, 34, who has become an iconic player at the club since moving there in 2001, and has won the Champions League, three Premier League titles, four FA Cups and two League Cups in the club’s most successful era.
Chelsea would ordinarily not want to lose such an illustrious player but, if Lampard did want to go, it would lower the wage bill and help Chelsea meet Union of European Football Associations’ Financial Fair Play regulations, which requires them to cut their losses or face being banned from Champions League football, the report said.
However, L.A. Galaxy remain hopeful that those factors may allow them to pick up Lampard without paying a transfer fee.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed unanimously in state Assembly; violence rocks Tamil Nadu
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog