Laurent Blanc `confident` of Edinson Cavani capture
Paris: Paris Saint-Germain boss Laurent Blanc has admitted he is "confident" a deal for Edinson Cavani will soon be completed.
Club sporting director Leonardo confirmed last week the Ligue 1 champions had tabled a bid for the Uruguay star, with reports suggesting they had agreed to match his 63 million euros release clause.
Although the Brazilian is set to stand down from his post at PSG, Blanc remains optimistic that a deal to bring the coveted striker to Parc des Princes will be completed.
"I am confident," he told reporters after PSG`s 2-1 friendly win over Rapid Vienna on Friday. "But as the player is not yet officially at the club, it would be useless to work on projected ideas. It`s best to wait until the player is officially with the club."
PSG are also in the hunt for Roma defender Marquinhos, who has been linked with a move to Barcelona, and Blanc admits the interest in the 19-year-old will complicate any potential deal.
"I know the player very well from Serie A," he said of the Brazilian. "It`s a difficult issue since, from what I know, we`re not the only ones after this player. It proves his value.
"Our priorities in the market, as I said a few days ago, are to find a striker and a left-back."
Blanc is dismayed at Leonardo`s impending departure, stressing that he would have loved to work with the former AC Milan star far beyond this summer.
"I would have liked to continue working with him," Blanc added. "We worked together for two weeks and had a truly good understanding.
"When I signed for PSG, I didn`t know he was leaving. I understood he wanted to take a step back, but to then think he would not be there at all? No."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Mumbai Film City shoot-out: CCTV footage help police arrest assailants
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- What couldn't be done in last 10 years, NDA govt did in one year: Smriti Irani in Amethi
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27