Lewandowski frustrated with lack of goals for Borussia Dortmund
Berlin: Borussia Dortmund striker Robert Lewandowski has voiced his frustration with his goalscoring record this term and feels his profligacy has cost his side at times this season.
The Poland international currenly leads the Bundesliga goalscoring charts with 11 goals from 16 games, yet he has admitted that he could easily have added more to his tally.
"Am I happy with my own performances so far? No, not at all. I might have scored 11 times, but I should have scored many more goals," Lewandowski was quoted as saying by Bild.
"I cannot say how many more, but I should definitely have scored a few more goals."
Lewandowski added that he alone was not to blame for Dortmund`s lack of cutting edge at times this season and insisted the number of chances his side have been creating was an encouraging sign.
"That`s not just my problem, but a problem for the entire team as well. We did not drop so many points because we played badly, but because we have missed a lot of chances," continued the 25-year-old.
"We must become even more eager in front of goal. On a positive note, we create a lot of chances. It would be a bigger problem if we did not create anything."
Dortmund currently sit third in the Bundesliga table with 32 points from 16 games.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar Class 10th Result 2016, Bihar Matric Results 2016: (biharboard.bih.nic.in), BSEB 10th Result 2016 to be declared tomorrow on May 29
- Shahid Kapoor-Alia Bhatt's 'Udta Punjab' is not banned, tweets Anurag Kashyap!
- Check out: 6 beauteous beaches in Odisha you didn't know much about!
- IPL VIDEO: When 'livid' Praveen Kumar charged at Hyderabad skipper David Warner
- Must watch: Indian billionaires and their private jets