Likes of Odafa, Tolgay free to play for any club: AIFF
New Delhi: Mohun Bagan`s star players like Okolie Odafa, Tolgay Ozbey and Syed Rahim Nabi are free to leave the green-and-maroon brigade and play for some other clubs, stated AIFF senior vice-president Subrata Dutta in the wake of the ban slapped on the club for violation of rules.
The AIFF core committee on Saturday suspended Mohun Bagan for two years after the report submitted by one-man commission of Retd Justice A K Ganguly found the century-old club guilty of not playing the second half of its I-League derby against East Bengal on December 9.
"The Mohun Bagan players like Okolie Odafa, Tolgay Ozbey, Syed Rahim Nabi are all free to join other clubs on lien. We can`t stop professional players from earning their livelihood. They can request Mohun Bagan that they wanted to be loaned out," Dutta told PTI today.
Asked if Mohun Bagan refuse to release the players, Dutta said, "The players are only bound to honour the contract of the club if they are ready to pay the full amount for the remaining part of their contracted tenure."
Dutta also clarified that provided any Mohun Bagan player wants to play for any other club on lien, the suspended club will have no right to demand any monetary compensation from the new club.
"Supposedly player `A` of Bagan wants to play for Dempo, the Goan outfit need not pay a single penny to the player`s former club. Bagan will have to pay their fees or else give them NOC`s to play on lien," Dutta added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire