Liverpool have rejected Barcelona bid for Agger, says agent
London: Liverpool have rejected an offer from Barcelona for defender Daniel Agger, according to the player`s agent.
Barcelona have been linked with several English Premier League defenders in the off-season, and have submitted a bid of 25 million euros for Chelsea centre-back David Luiz.
Chelsea have made it clear that the Liga champions are wasting their time, and now Agger`s agent, Per Steffensen, has revealed they have been thwarted again.
"We are aware that Barcelona have made an offer for Daniel that Liverpool have rejected," he told reporters.
"Daniel has a contract with Liverpool for the next three years and it would be up to the clubs to agree a fee for his transfer in order for that to change."
The Reds appear determined to keep the Denmark international, who has been made vice-captain at Anfield ahead of the new season.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- DNA: Will multi-level car parking system across India help reduce traffic jams?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city