Liverpool have rejected Barcelona bid for Agger, says agent
London: Liverpool have rejected an offer from Barcelona for defender Daniel Agger, according to the player`s agent.
Barcelona have been linked with several English Premier League defenders in the off-season, and have submitted a bid of 25 million euros for Chelsea centre-back David Luiz.
Chelsea have made it clear that the Liga champions are wasting their time, and now Agger`s agent, Per Steffensen, has revealed they have been thwarted again.
"We are aware that Barcelona have made an offer for Daniel that Liverpool have rejected," he told reporters.
"Daniel has a contract with Liverpool for the next three years and it would be up to the clubs to agree a fee for his transfer in order for that to change."
The Reds appear determined to keep the Denmark international, who has been made vice-captain at Anfield ahead of the new season.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border