Mainz signs Chile international Gonzalo Jara
Berlin: Chile`s international defender Gonzalo Jara has joined Mainz until June 2016, the Bundesliga side have confirmed.
The new arrival, whose full name is Gonzalo Alejandro Jara Reyes, put pen to paper Wednesday on a two-year deal with an option for another year, reports Xinhua.
The 28-year-old defender played all four games at the World Cup for Chile and performed creditably.
"Gonzalo Jara came to the fore with strong performances at the World Cup. He is a very experienced and versatile player who will give our team more stability in the defence. We are pleased that he has opted for Mainz," manager Christian Heidel told the club`s official web site.
Jara moved from Nottingham Forest where he made overall 48 appearances.
"After many years in England. I am looking forward to this new challenge in the Bundesliga, and especially to my new teammate, the stadium and the fans," said the Chilean defender.
Mainz completed the last Bundesliga season in 7th place in the standings, earning an opportunity to play in Europa League.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part III
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes?
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes? - Part II
- Watch: Tiger Shroff, alleged girlfriend Disha Patani's sizzling chemistry is unmissable in 'Befikra'!
- Three Naxals shot dead by security forces in Chhattisgarh
- Drug that helps addicts may benefit cancer patients too
- Come clean by September 30: FM Arun Jaitley to black money holders
- Market tries to recover from Brexit blow, Sensex up 122 points