Malaga snap up Mexico star Guillermo Ochoa
Madrid: Mexico goalkeeper Guillermo Ochoa, who was one of the outstanding performers at the World Cup in Brazil, has completed a move to Spanish top-flight side Malaga.
A statement on Malaga`s website on Friday read: "Malaga Club de Futbol has reached an agreement to sign one of the best goalkeepers of the recent World Cup in Brazil, Francisco Guillermo Ochoa Magaña."
The 29-year-old has agreed a three-year deal at La Rosaleda and was due to be officially unveiled later on Friday.
Ochoa was a free agent after his contract with French side AC Ajaccio, who were relegated from Ligue 1 last season, expired.
Ochoa had spent three seasons with Ajaccio before surprisingly being chosen as Mexico`s first-choice `keeper at the World Cup.
He helped Miguel Herrera`s side reach the last 16, and was outstanding in helping his team hold hosts Brazil to a 0-0 draw during the group stage.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing the impact of secret data leak of Scorpene submarine on India's security
- DNA: Analyzing the impact of secret data leak of Scorpene submarine on India's security Part II
- DNA: Analyzing the possible hands indulged in Scorpene Submarine data leak
- DNA: Analyzing the media coverage on Kashmir violence
- DNA: PM Modi's photos and Indian flag raised during protests in Balochistan
- At least 120 killed as quake flattens towns in central Italy
- Greg Clarke succeeds Greg Dyke as English FA chairman
- Punjab Elementary Teacher Training examination results declared; Check educationrecruitmentboard.com
- This new insulin pill could end painful treatment for diabetes patients
- Lewis Hamilton may take grid demotion at Belgian GP, confirm Mercedes