Malaga snap up Mexico star Guillermo Ochoa
Madrid: Mexico goalkeeper Guillermo Ochoa, who was one of the outstanding performers at the World Cup in Brazil, has completed a move to Spanish top-flight side Malaga.
A statement on Malaga`s website on Friday read: "Malaga Club de Futbol has reached an agreement to sign one of the best goalkeepers of the recent World Cup in Brazil, Francisco Guillermo Ochoa Magaña."
The 29-year-old has agreed a three-year deal at La Rosaleda and was due to be officially unveiled later on Friday.
Ochoa was a free agent after his contract with French side AC Ajaccio, who were relegated from Ligue 1 last season, expired.
Ochoa had spent three seasons with Ajaccio before surprisingly being chosen as Mexico`s first-choice `keeper at the World Cup.
He helped Miguel Herrera`s side reach the last 16, and was outstanding in helping his team hold hosts Brazil to a 0-0 draw during the group stage.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan