Malaga snap up Mexico star Guillermo Ochoa
Madrid: Mexico goalkeeper Guillermo Ochoa, who was one of the outstanding performers at the World Cup in Brazil, has completed a move to Spanish top-flight side Malaga.
A statement on Malaga`s website on Friday read: "Malaga Club de Futbol has reached an agreement to sign one of the best goalkeepers of the recent World Cup in Brazil, Francisco Guillermo Ochoa Magaña."
The 29-year-old has agreed a three-year deal at La Rosaleda and was due to be officially unveiled later on Friday.
Ochoa was a free agent after his contract with French side AC Ajaccio, who were relegated from Ligue 1 last season, expired.
Ochoa had spent three seasons with Ajaccio before surprisingly being chosen as Mexico`s first-choice `keeper at the World Cup.
He helped Miguel Herrera`s side reach the last 16, and was outstanding in helping his team hold hosts Brazil to a 0-0 draw during the group stage.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Jallikattu protests LIVE: Some parties trying to create anti-Centre sentiment, says Venkaiah Naidu
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog