Malaga snap up Mexico star Guillermo Ochoa
Madrid: Mexico goalkeeper Guillermo Ochoa, who was one of the outstanding performers at the World Cup in Brazil, has completed a move to Spanish top-flight side Malaga.
A statement on Malaga`s website on Friday read: "Malaga Club de Futbol has reached an agreement to sign one of the best goalkeepers of the recent World Cup in Brazil, Francisco Guillermo Ochoa Magaña."
The 29-year-old has agreed a three-year deal at La Rosaleda and was due to be officially unveiled later on Friday.
Ochoa was a free agent after his contract with French side AC Ajaccio, who were relegated from Ligue 1 last season, expired.
Ochoa had spent three seasons with Ajaccio before surprisingly being chosen as Mexico`s first-choice `keeper at the World Cup.
He helped Miguel Herrera`s side reach the last 16, and was outstanding in helping his team hold hosts Brazil to a 0-0 draw during the group stage.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'