Malaga third with win over Racing in La Liga
Madrid: Malaga moved into third place in the Spanish La Liga after a routine 3-0 victory at home against Racing Santander.
The result was rarely in doubt after the third minute when Racing found themselves down to 10 men after referee Del Cerro Grande sent off full back Francis Perez for dangerous play.
Former Valencia youngster Izco opened the scoring Monday after 21 minutes with a powerful shot from inside the visitors` penalty area.
Racing rarely threatened, but it was not until the 63rd minute until Malaga secured three points. This time it was Spain international Santi Cazorla who got on the scoresheet with a simple finish following good work from midfielder Enzo Maresca.
Ruud Van Nistelrooy rounded off the nights` scoring six minutes from time with a trademark header.
The win lifts Malaga above Valencia who Sunday drew 0-0 away to Real Madrid. Malaga`s next match is away to struggling Villarreal Thursday night.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof