Malaga third with win over Racing in La Liga
Madrid: Malaga moved into third place in the Spanish La Liga after a routine 3-0 victory at home against Racing Santander.
The result was rarely in doubt after the third minute when Racing found themselves down to 10 men after referee Del Cerro Grande sent off full back Francis Perez for dangerous play.
Former Valencia youngster Izco opened the scoring Monday after 21 minutes with a powerful shot from inside the visitors` penalty area.
Racing rarely threatened, but it was not until the 63rd minute until Malaga secured three points. This time it was Spain international Santi Cazorla who got on the scoresheet with a simple finish following good work from midfielder Enzo Maresca.
Ruud Van Nistelrooy rounded off the nights` scoring six minutes from time with a trademark header.
The win lifts Malaga above Valencia who Sunday drew 0-0 away to Real Madrid. Malaga`s next match is away to struggling Villarreal Thursday night.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why