Martinez rules out Porto exit
Munich: Jackson Martinez has insisted does not want to leave Porto despite interest from Borussia Dortmund and Napoli.
BVB see the Colombia striker, 26, as a potential replacement for Robert Lewandowski next season, while Rafael Benitez`s side are still looking to fill the void left by Edinson Cavani`s departure to Paris Saint-Germain.
Porto have already lost influential figures in Joao Moutinho and Jamez Rodriguez to Monaco this summer but Martinez insists he is not about to follow in their footsteps and exit the club.
"I am happy to be here at a club like this," he told Renascenca.
"I am enjoying the opportunity to play here.
"I want to repeat what happened last season and win more trophies with Porto."
Martinez, whose contract runs out in 2016, scored 26 goals in 30 league games last season.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why