Medeira confident of improved show from India
Kathmandu: Indian football Coach Savio Medeira is hoping that his boys will not repeat the past mistakes when they take on Philippines in the AFC Challenge Cup, here on Sunday.
Philippines are expected to come hard against India having lost their first match to Korea.
India too have lost to Tajikistan in their opening match.
"At times you don`t get the results which you strive for. But that won`t deter us to be committed for our future success. We will keep trying and give our 100 percent to get the result we all are striving for.
"We had a spirited performance against Tajikistan. But we squandered some good chances to score in the first half. Hope things will improve in our next match," said the Coach ahead of Group B clash.
"We need to believe in ourselves and keep on playing good football, the result will come," continued Savio.
Star striker and captain of the side Sunil Chhetri, on the sidelines of the training session remained optimistic of staging a comeback.
"It`s going to be another tough match but we are ready and we can pull off a great result on Sunday. We all will stay focused and do whatever is expected of us."
Though some changes in the playing XI looks imminent. Changes in the midfield and upfront would be there on the Savio mind. As the midfield looked rusty in the match against Persians and also the strikers missed too many chances.
Meanwhile, Philippines who stay two notches below India at 156 in the FIFA ranking would be vary of Indian challenge. They also would be looking at the past record where they never managed to beat India.
However, Philippines have galaxy of stars to boost off, their first goalkeeper plays for top English side Fulham. Also many of the players who are of English-Philippino origin play in Europe.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan