Menezes eyes European coaching job
Rio de Janeiro: Former Brazil coach Mano Menezes has planned to resume his managerial career with a European club, his agent Carlos Leite has revealed.
Menezes was sacked by Brazil`s football confederation last November and replaced by Luiz Felipe Scolari, just days after leading the Selecao to the Super Classic of the Americas trophy with victory over Argentina.
"Sooner or later he will work again. Mano is 50-years-old and makes his own decisions. I don`t need to call the clubs to offer him to them. There were offers recently but he has other projects. We don`t talk with clubs that already have a manager. That`s not the way he does things. He wants to work in Europe but I don`t know if there is a project for him now," Leite said on Tuesday.
Menezes, who took charge of Brazil following the 2010 World Cup in South Africa, coached the team 33 times for 21 wins, six losses and six draws.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’