Menezes eyes European coaching job
Rio de Janeiro: Former Brazil coach Mano Menezes has planned to resume his managerial career with a European club, his agent Carlos Leite has revealed.
Menezes was sacked by Brazil`s football confederation last November and replaced by Luiz Felipe Scolari, just days after leading the Selecao to the Super Classic of the Americas trophy with victory over Argentina.
"Sooner or later he will work again. Mano is 50-years-old and makes his own decisions. I don`t need to call the clubs to offer him to them. There were offers recently but he has other projects. We don`t talk with clubs that already have a manager. That`s not the way he does things. He wants to work in Europe but I don`t know if there is a project for him now," Leite said on Tuesday.
Menezes, who took charge of Brazil following the 2010 World Cup in South Africa, coached the team 33 times for 21 wins, six losses and six draws.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery