Menezes eyes European coaching job
Rio de Janeiro: Former Brazil coach Mano Menezes has planned to resume his managerial career with a European club, his agent Carlos Leite has revealed.
Menezes was sacked by Brazil`s football confederation last November and replaced by Luiz Felipe Scolari, just days after leading the Selecao to the Super Classic of the Americas trophy with victory over Argentina.
"Sooner or later he will work again. Mano is 50-years-old and makes his own decisions. I don`t need to call the clubs to offer him to them. There were offers recently but he has other projects. We don`t talk with clubs that already have a manager. That`s not the way he does things. He wants to work in Europe but I don`t know if there is a project for him now," Leite said on Tuesday.
Menezes, who took charge of Brazil following the 2010 World Cup in South Africa, coached the team 33 times for 21 wins, six losses and six draws.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre