Messi greeted with chants of `Ronaldo, Ronaldo` in Peru
Lima: As the press gathered in Lima to welcome the Argentina national team, chants of "Ronaldo, Ronaldo" rang out from the crowd when Barcelona`s Lionel Messi exited the team bus.
The taunt is in response to the "Messi, Messi" taunts that Cristiano Ronaldo receives from Barcelona fans and non-supporters alike when he visits other stadiums.
The Portuguese winger was jeered in his nation`s 4-0 Euro 2012 qualifying win over Cyprus last September and now it appears that Messi will have to endure similar treatment on the road, as Argentina face Peru in a World Cup qualifier on Wednesday.
The 25-year-old played a starring role in the Albiceleste`s 3-1 win over Paraguay on Friday night, in which he scored his 28th international goal and he will be eager to get on the scoresheet again and silence the Peruvian supporters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users