Messi greeted with chants of `Ronaldo, Ronaldo` in Peru
Lima: As the press gathered in Lima to welcome the Argentina national team, chants of "Ronaldo, Ronaldo" rang out from the crowd when Barcelona`s Lionel Messi exited the team bus.
The taunt is in response to the "Messi, Messi" taunts that Cristiano Ronaldo receives from Barcelona fans and non-supporters alike when he visits other stadiums.
The Portuguese winger was jeered in his nation`s 4-0 Euro 2012 qualifying win over Cyprus last September and now it appears that Messi will have to endure similar treatment on the road, as Argentina face Peru in a World Cup qualifier on Wednesday.
The 25-year-old played a starring role in the Albiceleste`s 3-1 win over Paraguay on Friday night, in which he scored his 28th international goal and he will be eager to get on the scoresheet again and silence the Peruvian supporters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16