Messi won’t ever play in English Premier League
London: Barcelona star Lionel Messi doesn’t believes he would ever play in the English Premier League, as he has vowed to end his playing career with his current club.
“I have never thought about life beyond Barcelona. My heart belongs to the club and I can never see the day arrive when I want to leave,” The Sun quoted Messi, as saying.
“It has always been my intention to stay here since the very first day I arrived and nothing has convinced me to change my mind. I accept you never know what can happen in the future but if it’s my decision and my decision alone then I would be happy to finish my playing career at the club,” he added.
Messi admits that he is a huge fan of the English game, and frequently watches games on television, but his love of English football only extends to being a spectator.
“The Premier League is immensely exciting and when I get the opportunity I love to watch it on television. There is a great deal to admire about English football. It’s very competitive and played at a phenomenal speed. They play with their heart, with plenty of emotion, spirit and determination,” Messi said.
“But I could never see the day arrive when I would play in England. It’s hard to look beyond my own club and it’s not something I have ever thought about or considered,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read