Messi won’t ever play in English Premier League
London: Barcelona star Lionel Messi doesn’t believes he would ever play in the English Premier League, as he has vowed to end his playing career with his current club.
“I have never thought about life beyond Barcelona. My heart belongs to the club and I can never see the day arrive when I want to leave,” The Sun quoted Messi, as saying.
“It has always been my intention to stay here since the very first day I arrived and nothing has convinced me to change my mind. I accept you never know what can happen in the future but if it’s my decision and my decision alone then I would be happy to finish my playing career at the club,” he added.
Messi admits that he is a huge fan of the English game, and frequently watches games on television, but his love of English football only extends to being a spectator.
“The Premier League is immensely exciting and when I get the opportunity I love to watch it on television. There is a great deal to admire about English football. It’s very competitive and played at a phenomenal speed. They play with their heart, with plenty of emotion, spirit and determination,” Messi said.
“But I could never see the day arrive when I would play in England. It’s hard to look beyond my own club and it’s not something I have ever thought about or considered,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users