Messi won’t ever play in English Premier League
London: Barcelona star Lionel Messi doesn’t believes he would ever play in the English Premier League, as he has vowed to end his playing career with his current club.
“I have never thought about life beyond Barcelona. My heart belongs to the club and I can never see the day arrive when I want to leave,” The Sun quoted Messi, as saying.
“It has always been my intention to stay here since the very first day I arrived and nothing has convinced me to change my mind. I accept you never know what can happen in the future but if it’s my decision and my decision alone then I would be happy to finish my playing career at the club,” he added.
Messi admits that he is a huge fan of the English game, and frequently watches games on television, but his love of English football only extends to being a spectator.
“The Premier League is immensely exciting and when I get the opportunity I love to watch it on television. There is a great deal to admire about English football. It’s very competitive and played at a phenomenal speed. They play with their heart, with plenty of emotion, spirit and determination,” Messi said.
“But I could never see the day arrive when I would play in England. It’s hard to look beyond my own club and it’s not something I have ever thought about or considered,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Lalu Prasad Yadav challenges Narendra Modi over 'shaitan' comment, demands PM's apology
- Ghulam Ali concert row: Subramanian Swamy hits back at Shiv Sena's critics
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA