Messi won’t ever play in English Premier League
London: Barcelona star Lionel Messi doesn’t believes he would ever play in the English Premier League, as he has vowed to end his playing career with his current club.
“I have never thought about life beyond Barcelona. My heart belongs to the club and I can never see the day arrive when I want to leave,” The Sun quoted Messi, as saying.
“It has always been my intention to stay here since the very first day I arrived and nothing has convinced me to change my mind. I accept you never know what can happen in the future but if it’s my decision and my decision alone then I would be happy to finish my playing career at the club,” he added.
Messi admits that he is a huge fan of the English game, and frequently watches games on television, but his love of English football only extends to being a spectator.
“The Premier League is immensely exciting and when I get the opportunity I love to watch it on television. There is a great deal to admire about English football. It’s very competitive and played at a phenomenal speed. They play with their heart, with plenty of emotion, spirit and determination,” Messi said.
“But I could never see the day arrive when I would play in England. It’s hard to look beyond my own club and it’s not something I have ever thought about or considered,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them