Miller double downs rivals Celtic in Old Firm derby
Glasgow: In-form striker Kenny Miller scored twice as Rangers staged a stirring second-half fightback to beat Scottish Premier League rivals Celtic 3-1 on Sunday.
Miller, who had a season at Celtic Park in 2006, fired home a cracking volley to hand Rangers a 2-1 lead before rifling in his 13th league goal of the season from the penalty spot to secure the points midway through the second half.
Celtic took the lead in a typically fiery encounter when an unmarked Gary Hooper stabbed home at the far post on the stroke of halftime.
Rangers, however, were handed a route back into the match when Kyle Lafferty`s header was diverted into his own net off the chest of Celtic defender Glenn Loovens.
The result leaves Rangers three points clear of Celtic at the top of the SPL table with 27 points from nine games, maintaining their perfect start to the campaign.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened