Mohun Bagan, East Bengal lose; Pune FC held by TFA
Jamshedpur: Defending champions Pune FC were held to a goalless draw by Tata Football Academy even as Mohun Bagan and East Bengal suffered defeats on the fourth day of the final round of the 6th Under-20 I-League here on Friday.
Sesa Football Academy continued their winning streak defeating Mohun Bagan 2-1 while East Bengal went down to Salgaocar 1-2.
Against Mohun Bagan, Sesa took the lead in the 25th minute through a strike from striker Olvin Cardozo.
The lead was extended just before the half time when Sesa were awarded a penalty and their in-form striker Mauvin Borges made no mistake in converting from the spot.
The Kolkata team found the net in the 88th minute when mid-fielder Adarsh Lama Tamang scored.
Pune FC, with the draw, consolidated their chances of winning the league for the second time with a game in hand.
Pune FC, with three wins and a draw, have ten points while TFA are second on eight points from two wins and two draws.
Salgaocar took the lead on the 42nd minute when forward Godfrey Silva broke past the East Bengal defense to score a beautiful goal.
The second half saw both the teams fighting hard for the ball, but it was Albino Pereira who extended the lead for Salgaocar in the 86th minute.
Substitute Anirban Chatterjee pulled one back for the red-and-gold-brigade in the 88th minute.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- OROP implementation after Bihar poll, says Manohar Parrikar
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men