Mohun Bagan, East Bengal lose; Pune FC held by TFA
Jamshedpur: Defending champions Pune FC were held to a goalless draw by Tata Football Academy even as Mohun Bagan and East Bengal suffered defeats on the fourth day of the final round of the 6th Under-20 I-League here on Friday.
Sesa Football Academy continued their winning streak defeating Mohun Bagan 2-1 while East Bengal went down to Salgaocar 1-2.
Against Mohun Bagan, Sesa took the lead in the 25th minute through a strike from striker Olvin Cardozo.
The lead was extended just before the half time when Sesa were awarded a penalty and their in-form striker Mauvin Borges made no mistake in converting from the spot.
The Kolkata team found the net in the 88th minute when mid-fielder Adarsh Lama Tamang scored.
Pune FC, with the draw, consolidated their chances of winning the league for the second time with a game in hand.
Pune FC, with three wins and a draw, have ten points while TFA are second on eight points from two wins and two draws.
Salgaocar took the lead on the 42nd minute when forward Godfrey Silva broke past the East Bengal defense to score a beautiful goal.
The second half saw both the teams fighting hard for the ball, but it was Albino Pereira who extended the lead for Salgaocar in the 86th minute.
Substitute Anirban Chatterjee pulled one back for the red-and-gold-brigade in the 88th minute.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- Video of cops dancing with woman goes viral, inquiry ordered
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened