Mourinho says current Chelsea side `not at par` with `glorious` 2004 team
London: Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho has said that the current side is not at par with the team that stormed to glory during his first spell as Chelsea manager.
Chelsea has recorded just two wins in four league games this season, which is the worst start in the Roman Abramovich era, although Mourinho insisted that they would be competing for honours again this season.
However, Metro.co.uk reports that Mourinho warned fans not to expect a repeat of his first season as Chelsea boss, saying that the team is not the same as their 2004 squad and admitted that the current side is not unbeatable.
According to Mourinho, he is hoping to work with time, to develop the players and make them play their and his best, adding that they have to be effective, adult and not naive and transform their game into goals.
Mourinho further said that they had a hard beginning of the season with games against Manchester United, Bayern Munich and Everton, adding that they did not manage to score a goal against Everton even with 21 shots.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash