Mourinho says `friend` Terry would still have to fight for Chelsea place
London: New Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho has stressed that captain John Terry`s future in the club is not safe and the legend would have to prove himself all over again.
Mourinho said that although he and Terry are friends, the business relationship was different and for that he had to prove himself because the manager could not protect him in front of someone else.
Captain Terry has faced several serious allegations throughout his football career, while also serving a four-month ban once, but was retained as Chelsea captain later.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed