Mourinho set for solo Chelsea return without Ronaldo
London: Real Madrid boss Jose Mourinho has reportedly been told by the club`s top officials that forward Cristiano Ronaldo will not be going with him if he seals a deal for a return to Chelsea.
The Special One was keen to take Real`s Portuguese star to Stamford Bridge but president Florentino Perez , fuming about Friday`s Spanish Cup Final defeat by Atletico Madrid, is adamant that Ronaldo is going nowhere, the Mirror reports.
The report further said that Perez is said to be angry about the end to a trophy-less campaign for the Bernabeu giants and is happy to send off Mourinho to Chelsea, adding that the Portuguese may have to partially buy himself out of his Real deal when negotiations between his agent Jorge Mendes and Perez resume.
The report also mentioned that Perez`s decision is set to disappoint Premier League champions Manchester United, who were hoping to tempt Ronaldo into an Old Trafford return and even been in talks with their in-coming shirt sponsors General Motors to fund the player`s 55 million-pound transfer fee and 10 million-pound salary.
Ronaldo was sent off in extra-time of the Copa del Rey clash with Atletico, after Mourinho had been sent to the stands after clashing with the referee, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars