Mumbai FC shock Prayag United 3-1
Pune: A brace by Friday Gbeneme helped Mumbai FC shock visitors Prayag United 3-1 in a round 12 I-League clash for their second consecutive victory on Wednesday.
Gbeneme scored on either side of the break in the 5th and 70th minute to get the hosts ahead at the Balewadi Sports Complex ground.
Star striker Yusif Yukubu scored in the 84th minute to raise hopes of a draw for the Kolkata-based club but a goal by S Kuttymani in the second half injury time (90 + 3) put the match behind the visitors reach.
Mumbai FC, who had defeated HAL in their previous tie, have 14 points from 12 matches, while Prayag have 18 points from as many matches.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing