Mumbai FC shock Prayag United 3-1
Pune: A brace by Friday Gbeneme helped Mumbai FC shock visitors Prayag United 3-1 in a round 12 I-League clash for their second consecutive victory on Wednesday.
Gbeneme scored on either side of the break in the 5th and 70th minute to get the hosts ahead at the Balewadi Sports Complex ground.
Star striker Yusif Yukubu scored in the 84th minute to raise hopes of a draw for the Kolkata-based club but a goal by S Kuttymani in the second half injury time (90 + 3) put the match behind the visitors reach.
Mumbai FC, who had defeated HAL in their previous tie, have 14 points from 12 matches, while Prayag have 18 points from as many matches.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees