Napoli beat Juventus to win Italian Cup
Rome: Napoli football club claimed the Italian Cup after overcoming Serie A champions Juventus 2-0 Sunday.
Napoli last captured a major trophy in 1990, when they won Serie A. They last won the Cup in 1987.
It also ended Juventus` unbeaten record in all competition this season after the Old Lady won 26 and drew 16, Xinhua reports.
In Alessandro Del Piero`s last game for Juventus, Edinson Cavani opened the scoring with a penalty kick. The strike was before the 60th minute when Ezequiel Lavezzi was brought down by Marco Storari. The Juventus goalkeeper was lucky to escape a red card. Marek Hamsik sealed the result with seven minutes left.
Also, Torino will be back in Serie A next season following an absence of three years after beating Modena 2-0. Pescara will join Torino in the top tier after a 19-year wait.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing