Neymar & Alba surgeries successful
Barcelona: Neymar and Jordi Alba underwent successful surgery on Friday to remove their tonsils, FC Barcelona have confirmed.
The operations were scheduled by the club in the hopes of solving recurring tonsillitis problems suffered by the duo.
The Catalans stated that the operations went according to plan and revealed that they would be out of action for less than a fortnight.
"This Friday, Neymar and Jordi Alba underwent successful operations for their tonsillitis problems which have happened repeatedly in recent weeks," the club revealed on their official site.
"The recovery time for both players is expected to be around 10 days."
The players had to wait until the completion of the Confederations Cup - in which Neymar`s Brazil beat Jordi Alba`s Spain 3-0 in the final - to have their surgery.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation Part II
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters