Neymar & Alba surgeries successful
Barcelona: Neymar and Jordi Alba underwent successful surgery on Friday to remove their tonsils, FC Barcelona have confirmed.
The operations were scheduled by the club in the hopes of solving recurring tonsillitis problems suffered by the duo.
The Catalans stated that the operations went according to plan and revealed that they would be out of action for less than a fortnight.
"This Friday, Neymar and Jordi Alba underwent successful operations for their tonsillitis problems which have happened repeatedly in recent weeks," the club revealed on their official site.
"The recovery time for both players is expected to be around 10 days."
The players had to wait until the completion of the Confederations Cup - in which Neymar`s Brazil beat Jordi Alba`s Spain 3-0 in the final - to have their surgery.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?