Neymar ends six-game drought
Sao Paulo: Brazil international striker Neymar ended a six-match goal drought as Santos defeated Oeste 2-1 in Brazil`s Campeonato Paulista.
The 21-year-old opened the scoring in the 65th minute with a thumping strike from outside the box into the top right corner on Sunday.
He celebrated his first goal in the 57th minute by imitating the customary thunderbolt celebration of Jamaican sprinter Usain Bolt, who earlier in the day won a 150-metre exhibition event in Rio de Janeiro.
When asked if he was cursed by bad luck in the past six matches, two of which were for Brazil`s national team, Neymar replied, "It had nothing to do with bad luck. I have been playing like I always do. This is something that the media has made up."
The game looked set for a draw when Gilmar equalised for Oeste five minutes from time. But Cicero struck a minute later to ensure Santos victory and keep them third on the table, behind Sao Paulo and Ponte Preta.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter