Neymar ends six-game drought
Sao Paulo: Brazil international striker Neymar ended a six-match goal drought as Santos defeated Oeste 2-1 in Brazil`s Campeonato Paulista.
The 21-year-old opened the scoring in the 65th minute with a thumping strike from outside the box into the top right corner on Sunday.
He celebrated his first goal in the 57th minute by imitating the customary thunderbolt celebration of Jamaican sprinter Usain Bolt, who earlier in the day won a 150-metre exhibition event in Rio de Janeiro.
When asked if he was cursed by bad luck in the past six matches, two of which were for Brazil`s national team, Neymar replied, "It had nothing to do with bad luck. I have been playing like I always do. This is something that the media has made up."
The game looked set for a draw when Gilmar equalised for Oeste five minutes from time. But Cicero struck a minute later to ensure Santos victory and keep them third on the table, behind Sao Paulo and Ponte Preta.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ATM virus attack: Users of debit cards under threat!
- J&K govt suspends 12 officials on anti-national activities
- Bhubaneswar fire: Owner of SUM Hospital surrenders
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad