Neymar ends six-game drought
Sao Paulo: Brazil international striker Neymar ended a six-match goal drought as Santos defeated Oeste 2-1 in Brazil`s Campeonato Paulista.
The 21-year-old opened the scoring in the 65th minute with a thumping strike from outside the box into the top right corner on Sunday.
He celebrated his first goal in the 57th minute by imitating the customary thunderbolt celebration of Jamaican sprinter Usain Bolt, who earlier in the day won a 150-metre exhibition event in Rio de Janeiro.
When asked if he was cursed by bad luck in the past six matches, two of which were for Brazil`s national team, Neymar replied, "It had nothing to do with bad luck. I have been playing like I always do. This is something that the media has made up."
The game looked set for a draw when Gilmar equalised for Oeste five minutes from time. But Cicero struck a minute later to ensure Santos victory and keep them third on the table, behind Sao Paulo and Ponte Preta.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- VVIP chopper scam: Ex-IAF chief SP Tyagi had admitted to meeting middleman Haschke
- F-16 fighter jets sold to Pakistan could be used against India: US lawmakers
- Know what Shah Rukh Khan feels about PM Narendra Modi’s ‘Make In India’ initiative
- Know how Karan Johar entertains ‘India's Got Talent’ co-judge Malaika Arora Khan