Neymar hits back at jibe from Australia striker
Rio de Janeiro: Brazilian football star Neymar has hit back at claims by Australian striker Archie Thompson that he is "not as good as people say".
Speaking during a press conference ahead of Saturday`s clash between Brazil and Australia in an international football friendly at the Mane Garrincha stadium, Neymar said he had never heard of the Melbourne Victory forward, reports Xinhua.
"What`s his name," Neymar said here Thursday. "He can say what he likes. I don`t know him so I can`t say anything good or bad. I hope he plays well on Saturday."
Meanwhile, Brazil suffered another injury concern ahead of the match after Chelsea midfielder Oscar left training early Thursday with an ankle problem.
The Selecao`s medical staff said the 21-year-old would be monitored Friday before a decision is made on his fitness.
Brazil are already without Fred, Hulk and Daniel Alves due to injuries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Hope intellectuals from India, China take part in Mind and Life conference: Dalai Lama
- Despite carnage, Syria`s Aleppo not in fighting `freeze`
- AP Board SSC class 10th Results 2016 is likely to be declared on May 5
- Deal reached in Ireland to form minority government: Party
- Venkaiah Naidu, Siddaramaiah flag off south India's first underground Metro