Neymar hits back at jibe from Australia striker
Rio de Janeiro: Brazilian football star Neymar has hit back at claims by Australian striker Archie Thompson that he is "not as good as people say".
Speaking during a press conference ahead of Saturday`s clash between Brazil and Australia in an international football friendly at the Mane Garrincha stadium, Neymar said he had never heard of the Melbourne Victory forward, reports Xinhua.
"What`s his name," Neymar said here Thursday. "He can say what he likes. I don`t know him so I can`t say anything good or bad. I hope he plays well on Saturday."
Meanwhile, Brazil suffered another injury concern ahead of the match after Chelsea midfielder Oscar left training early Thursday with an ankle problem.
The Selecao`s medical staff said the 21-year-old would be monitored Friday before a decision is made on his fitness.
Brazil are already without Fred, Hulk and Daniel Alves due to injuries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction - Part II
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming