Neymar hits back at jibe from Australia striker
Rio de Janeiro: Brazilian football star Neymar has hit back at claims by Australian striker Archie Thompson that he is "not as good as people say".
Speaking during a press conference ahead of Saturday`s clash between Brazil and Australia in an international football friendly at the Mane Garrincha stadium, Neymar said he had never heard of the Melbourne Victory forward, reports Xinhua.
"What`s his name," Neymar said here Thursday. "He can say what he likes. I don`t know him so I can`t say anything good or bad. I hope he plays well on Saturday."
Meanwhile, Brazil suffered another injury concern ahead of the match after Chelsea midfielder Oscar left training early Thursday with an ankle problem.
The Selecao`s medical staff said the 21-year-old would be monitored Friday before a decision is made on his fitness.
Brazil are already without Fred, Hulk and Daniel Alves due to injuries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued