No extension option in Capello`s contract: Russia FA
Moscow: Fabio Capello has agreed to take over the Russian national football team on a two-year contract without the option of an extension, the Russian FA`s acting president Nikita Simonyan said.
The Russian Football Union announced this week that Capello has "de facto" taken charge of the Russian team despite not having signed a contract.
"The contract is ready, the agreement on all the basic issues has been reached," Simonyan said. "The deal is for two years. Nothing is specified further, so far it is for two years."
Capello was in Moscow to attend Saturday`s Russian Premier League match between CSKA Moscow and FC Rostov.
Simonyan had earlier said that Capello will not be officially unveiled as Russia coach before Tuesday.
If confirmed, Capello`s first game in charge will be an Aug 15 friendly against the Ivory Coast in Moscow.
His first competitive fixtures will be 2014 World Cup qualifiers Sep 7 and Sep 11, first at home to Northern Ireland and then away to Israel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak
- School director beaten to death after two students found dead in Bihar
- #SelfieWithDaughter trends worldwide on Twitter after PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat'