No extension option in Capello`s contract: Russia FA
Moscow: Fabio Capello has agreed to take over the Russian national football team on a two-year contract without the option of an extension, the Russian FA`s acting president Nikita Simonyan said.
The Russian Football Union announced this week that Capello has "de facto" taken charge of the Russian team despite not having signed a contract.
"The contract is ready, the agreement on all the basic issues has been reached," Simonyan said. "The deal is for two years. Nothing is specified further, so far it is for two years."
Capello was in Moscow to attend Saturday`s Russian Premier League match between CSKA Moscow and FC Rostov.
Simonyan had earlier said that Capello will not be officially unveiled as Russia coach before Tuesday.
If confirmed, Capello`s first game in charge will be an Aug 15 friendly against the Ivory Coast in Moscow.
His first competitive fixtures will be 2014 World Cup qualifiers Sep 7 and Sep 11, first at home to Northern Ireland and then away to Israel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report