No extension option in Capello`s contract: Russia FA
Moscow: Fabio Capello has agreed to take over the Russian national football team on a two-year contract without the option of an extension, the Russian FA`s acting president Nikita Simonyan said.
The Russian Football Union announced this week that Capello has "de facto" taken charge of the Russian team despite not having signed a contract.
"The contract is ready, the agreement on all the basic issues has been reached," Simonyan said. "The deal is for two years. Nothing is specified further, so far it is for two years."
Capello was in Moscow to attend Saturday`s Russian Premier League match between CSKA Moscow and FC Rostov.
Simonyan had earlier said that Capello will not be officially unveiled as Russia coach before Tuesday.
If confirmed, Capello`s first game in charge will be an Aug 15 friendly against the Ivory Coast in Moscow.
His first competitive fixtures will be 2014 World Cup qualifiers Sep 7 and Sep 11, first at home to Northern Ireland and then away to Israel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof