No hard feelings with Barcelona team mates: Neymar
Rio de Janeiro: Brazilian striker Neymar laughed off talk of tension with his new Barcelona team mates following his team` 3-0 victory over Spain in the Confederations Cup final.
Six members of Vicente del Bosque`s starting line up Sunday will play alongside Neymar at the Camp Nou next season, but the striker was quick to rule out any ill-feeling when he begins training at the Catalan club later this month, reports Xinhua.
"I have enormous admiration for those players," said Neymar, who won the Golden Ball award for the best player of the Confederations Cup.
"But when I represent my country I will give my all no matter who I am playing against. Today we did much better than we could ever have imagined against a great team."
Among Neymar`s new colleagues is defender Gerard Pique, who was sent off in the second half of Sunday`s match after tripping the 21-year-old with a late sliding tackle.
Neymar, who scored four goals from five matches in the tournament, will undergo minor throat surgery on Friday before leaving for Spain.
"It`s a problem that I have. My throat always bothers me, so we`re going to operate to resolve it once and for all," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IPL 2016 Final: Royal Challengers Bangalore vs SunRisers Hyderabad — Possible XIs, Date, Time, Venue, TV Listing, Live Streaming
- Saif Ali Khan, Rani Mukerji's 'Hum Tum' ticks 12 years!
- Not most fashionable but carry myself well: Fawad Khan
- FIs can obtain self-certification via internet banking: CBDT
- Tata Communications Q4 net loss widens to Rs 205 crore