No hard feelings with Barcelona team mates: Neymar
Rio de Janeiro: Brazilian striker Neymar laughed off talk of tension with his new Barcelona team mates following his team` 3-0 victory over Spain in the Confederations Cup final.
Six members of Vicente del Bosque`s starting line up Sunday will play alongside Neymar at the Camp Nou next season, but the striker was quick to rule out any ill-feeling when he begins training at the Catalan club later this month, reports Xinhua.
"I have enormous admiration for those players," said Neymar, who won the Golden Ball award for the best player of the Confederations Cup.
"But when I represent my country I will give my all no matter who I am playing against. Today we did much better than we could ever have imagined against a great team."
Among Neymar`s new colleagues is defender Gerard Pique, who was sent off in the second half of Sunday`s match after tripping the 21-year-old with a late sliding tackle.
Neymar, who scored four goals from five matches in the tournament, will undergo minor throat surgery on Friday before leaving for Spain.
"It`s a problem that I have. My throat always bothers me, so we`re going to operate to resolve it once and for all," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez