No hard feelings with Barcelona team mates: Neymar
Rio de Janeiro: Brazilian striker Neymar laughed off talk of tension with his new Barcelona team mates following his team` 3-0 victory over Spain in the Confederations Cup final.
Six members of Vicente del Bosque`s starting line up Sunday will play alongside Neymar at the Camp Nou next season, but the striker was quick to rule out any ill-feeling when he begins training at the Catalan club later this month, reports Xinhua.
"I have enormous admiration for those players," said Neymar, who won the Golden Ball award for the best player of the Confederations Cup.
"But when I represent my country I will give my all no matter who I am playing against. Today we did much better than we could ever have imagined against a great team."
Among Neymar`s new colleagues is defender Gerard Pique, who was sent off in the second half of Sunday`s match after tripping the 21-year-old with a late sliding tackle.
Neymar, who scored four goals from five matches in the tournament, will undergo minor throat surgery on Friday before leaving for Spain.
"It`s a problem that I have. My throat always bothers me, so we`re going to operate to resolve it once and for all," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Watch: PM Modi addresses rally in Moradabad, UP - Part II
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what