Odafa strikes four as Mohun Bagan hit Aryan for six
Kolkata: Riding on a four-goal blitz by Odafa Okolie, Mohun Bagan handed Aryan Club a crushing 6-0 defeat in their Calcutta Football League Premier Division encounter on Wednesday.
It was the unstoppable Odafa all the way as the Nigerian struck four times in the first-half with goals in the 14th, 17th, 30th and 44th minutes to give the mariners a 4-0 lead at the break.
Odafa was replaced with Ashim Biswas after the goal spree but that did not stop Bagan from scoring as Syed Rahim Nabi (66th) and youngster Manish Mathani (90+2nd) completed the rout.
The win shot Mohun Bagan to the lead of the local league stadings with 20 points from nine matches, two points ahead of arch-rivals East Bengal who have two matches left. Mohun Bagan have one match left.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi