Odafa strikes four as Mohun Bagan hit Aryan for six
Kolkata: Riding on a four-goal blitz by Odafa Okolie, Mohun Bagan handed Aryan Club a crushing 6-0 defeat in their Calcutta Football League Premier Division encounter on Wednesday.
It was the unstoppable Odafa all the way as the Nigerian struck four times in the first-half with goals in the 14th, 17th, 30th and 44th minutes to give the mariners a 4-0 lead at the break.
Odafa was replaced with Ashim Biswas after the goal spree but that did not stop Bagan from scoring as Syed Rahim Nabi (66th) and youngster Manish Mathani (90+2nd) completed the rout.
The win shot Mohun Bagan to the lead of the local league stadings with 20 points from nine matches, two points ahead of arch-rivals East Bengal who have two matches left. Mohun Bagan have one match left.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice