Oleg Blokhin fit to coach again
Kiev: Ukrainian football legend Oleg Blokhin was given the go-ahead by doctors to resume coaching Dynamo Kiev Wednesday, almost a month after an emergency operation.
Blokhin was admitted to hospital with high blood pressure Oct 5 and operated on for thrombosis soon afterwards, keeping him out of his final two games with the Ukrainian national side and the start of his new job at Dynamo.
Dynamo doctor Leonid Mironov said in a website statement that Blokhin would be able to prepare the team for a league clash against Tavria Simferopol Saturday and give team talks but would be forced to watch the game from the stands.
If his condition improves, he could return to the dugout for the next match, Mironov said.
Blokhin was one of the world`s top strikers while at Dynamo in the 1970s and 1980s, and holds the records for most appearances and most goals in the Soviet league, scoring 211 times in 436 games, and won 112 caps for the Soviet Union.
He coached the Ukrainian national team between 2003 and 2007 before returning last year to guide his country through their first home tournament, Euro 2012.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what