Oleg Blokhin fit to coach again
Kiev: Ukrainian football legend Oleg Blokhin was given the go-ahead by doctors to resume coaching Dynamo Kiev Wednesday, almost a month after an emergency operation.
Blokhin was admitted to hospital with high blood pressure Oct 5 and operated on for thrombosis soon afterwards, keeping him out of his final two games with the Ukrainian national side and the start of his new job at Dynamo.
Dynamo doctor Leonid Mironov said in a website statement that Blokhin would be able to prepare the team for a league clash against Tavria Simferopol Saturday and give team talks but would be forced to watch the game from the stands.
If his condition improves, he could return to the dugout for the next match, Mironov said.
Blokhin was one of the world`s top strikers while at Dynamo in the 1970s and 1980s, and holds the records for most appearances and most goals in the Soviet league, scoring 211 times in 436 games, and won 112 caps for the Soviet Union.
He coached the Ukrainian national team between 2003 and 2007 before returning last year to guide his country through their first home tournament, Euro 2012.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report