ONGC to develop sports stadium in Tripura
Agartala: State-owned ONGC will spend Rs.25 crore to develop a multi-purpose sports stadium in Tripura, a company official said Friday.
"Responding to the Tripura government`s request, ONGC (Oil and Natural Gas Corporation) has decided to invest Rs.25 crore to develop the Dasaratha Deb Sports Stadium at Badharghat," V.P. Mahawar, ONGC`s Tripura asset manager, told reporters here.
He said the company would create a field each for football and athletics and a modern swimming pool at the stadium.
The Tripura government had planned a full-fledged sports complex at the stadium to be named after former chief minister Dasaratha Deb. The government has also set up a sports school and a 400-seat hostel for both men and women.
ONGC is setting up a gas-based 726-MW thermal power plant at Palatana in southern Tripura to cater to the electricity needs of northeastern states. It is the first such mega power project of the corporation in India.
The gas and oil exploration Maharatna company has also proposed to set up a Rs.5,000-crore gas-based fertiliser plant in Tripura to meet the growing shortage of urea in the eastern and northeastern states of India and Bangladesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- India, Bangladesh enclave residents get freedom after 68 years