Palace beats Cardiff 1-0 in League Cup semifinals
London: Crystal Palace took a step toward its first major final in 22 years by beating Cardiff 1-0 on Tuesday night in the first leg of the League Cup semifinals on Anthony Gardner’s 43rd-minute header.
Gardner’s goal at Selhurst Park was his first in more than a year. The second leg is at Cardiff in two weeks.
Cardiff’s Kenny Miller had a goal contentiously disallowed in the second half for a foul on goalkeeper Julian Speroni.
Palace’s last major final was a 1-0 loss to Manchester United in the 1990 FA Cup.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China stripped America, made money and rebuilt itself: Donald Trump
- Google acquires start-up founded by Indian-origin entrepreneur Varun Malhotra
- Capitation fee is illegal; profiteering, commercialisation of education sector unacceptable: Supreme Court
- English Premier League: Euphoria on streets of Leicester as outsiders seal historic maiden title
- Nagaland HSLC (Class 10) Result 2016 to be declared shortly