Palace beats Cardiff 1-0 in League Cup semifinals
London: Crystal Palace took a step toward its first major final in 22 years by beating Cardiff 1-0 on Tuesday night in the first leg of the League Cup semifinals on Anthony Gardner’s 43rd-minute header.
Gardner’s goal at Selhurst Park was his first in more than a year. The second leg is at Cardiff in two weeks.
Cardiff’s Kenny Miller had a goal contentiously disallowed in the second half for a foul on goalkeeper Julian Speroni.
Palace’s last major final was a 1-0 loss to Manchester United in the 1990 FA Cup.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Ram Mandir in Ayodhya will be built soon, says Thawar Chand Gehlot
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan