Pato out for six weeks, withdrawn from Brazil squad
Milan :AC Milan striker Alexandre Pato was ruled out for six weeks with a thigh muscle injury on Friday and has been withdrawn from the Brazil squad to face Argentina in a friendly in Qatar next week.
Pato suffered the latest in a series of problems in Milan`s 3-1 win over Palermo on Wednesday.
"A recovery time of around six weeks is estimated," a Milan statement said.
His injury comes as a fresh blow to the Serie A leaders, who already lost fellow striker Filippo Inzaghi for the season after the 37-year-old suffered knee ligament damage on Wednesday.
Zlatan Ibrahimovic is now Milan`s only out-and-out frontman with Robinho, Ronaldinho and Clarence Seedorf offering options as a second striker.
Pato, 21, is top scorer for the new Brazil side coached by Mano Menezes with a goal in each of the team`s three friendly wins against the United States, Iran and Ukraine since August.
The Brazilian federation (CBF) said a replacement would not be called up for the friendly next Wednesday.
Menezes still has Andre, Neymar, Robinho and the recalled Ronaldinho as forwards.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Maharajganj
- Are educational institutions becoming a tool to showcase anti-national agendas?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- DNA: Post demonetisation, India records 7% GDP growth rate in Q3
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'
- No AC, mattress for Sasikala in prison, confirms DIG; may not be shifted to Chennai jail
- Gurmehar-ABVP ruckus: Virender Sehwag represents BCCI not India, says Umar Khalid