Pato out for six weeks, withdrawn from Brazil squad
Milan :AC Milan striker Alexandre Pato was ruled out for six weeks with a thigh muscle injury on Friday and has been withdrawn from the Brazil squad to face Argentina in a friendly in Qatar next week.
Pato suffered the latest in a series of problems in Milan`s 3-1 win over Palermo on Wednesday.
"A recovery time of around six weeks is estimated," a Milan statement said.
His injury comes as a fresh blow to the Serie A leaders, who already lost fellow striker Filippo Inzaghi for the season after the 37-year-old suffered knee ligament damage on Wednesday.
Zlatan Ibrahimovic is now Milan`s only out-and-out frontman with Robinho, Ronaldinho and Clarence Seedorf offering options as a second striker.
Pato, 21, is top scorer for the new Brazil side coached by Mano Menezes with a goal in each of the team`s three friendly wins against the United States, Iran and Ukraine since August.
The Brazilian federation (CBF) said a replacement would not be called up for the friendly next Wednesday.
Menezes still has Andre, Neymar, Robinho and the recalled Ronaldinho as forwards.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'