Paulinho eyes Brazil return for Bolivia friendly
Rio de Janeiro: Corinthians midfielder Paulinho says he is hopeful of regaining his place in Brazil`s national football team for its friendly against Bolivia on April 6.
The 24-year-old has recovered from a thigh injury that forced him out of the side`s 2-2 draw with Russia and 1-1 draw against Italy earlier this month.
Brazil coach Luiz Felipe Scolari will name his squad for the match in Santa Cruz de la Sierra on Tuesday.
"It`s frustrating when injuries occur while you are playing well and selected for the national team, but there is nothing I can do about it," Paulinho said on Thursday. "I just have to get back to playing well to try to force my way back into the team."
The match will feature South American-based players only due to it being on a non-FIFA date.
Proceeds from the fixture will be donated to the family of Kevin Beltran Espada, who died when he was struck by a flare during a Copa Libertadores match last month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert