Paulinho eyes Brazil return for Bolivia friendly
Rio de Janeiro: Corinthians midfielder Paulinho says he is hopeful of regaining his place in Brazil`s national football team for its friendly against Bolivia on April 6.
The 24-year-old has recovered from a thigh injury that forced him out of the side`s 2-2 draw with Russia and 1-1 draw against Italy earlier this month.
Brazil coach Luiz Felipe Scolari will name his squad for the match in Santa Cruz de la Sierra on Tuesday.
"It`s frustrating when injuries occur while you are playing well and selected for the national team, but there is nothing I can do about it," Paulinho said on Thursday. "I just have to get back to playing well to try to force my way back into the team."
The match will feature South American-based players only due to it being on a non-FIFA date.
Proceeds from the fixture will be donated to the family of Kevin Beltran Espada, who died when he was struck by a flare during a Copa Libertadores match last month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth