Pep Guardiola named `best coach in the world`
Madrid: FC Barcelona coach Pep Guardiola has been named the best coach in the World in the annual inquest by the International Federation of Football History (IFFHS) and Statistics.
Guardiola achieved 201 points in the vote of experts from 81 countries, well ahead of Real Madrid`s Jose Mourinho, who finished second with 112 points and Manchester United`s Sir Alex Ferguson on 107 points, Xinhua reported Friday.
The vote reflects Barcelona`s superiority in Spain, Europe and the World following a 2011 in which Guardiola led them to the domestic, BBVA Primera Liga title, the Champions League, the Spanish and European Supercups and rounded the year off by seeing his side crowned World Club Champions following a 4-0 win over Brazilian side Santos.
It is the second award Barcelona have received from the IFFHS for 2011 as midfielder Xavi Hernandez was named the `best playmaker` last week.
Meanwhile Real Madrid`s Iker Casillas was chosen as the world`s best goalkeeper Wednesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- SSC CGL 2016 exam dates out; read the eligibility criteria, registration details
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another